30 September, 2006

Covent Garden Surprise










London, you have already explosed your ugly face to me
Luckily, I can still find a lot of your lovely gesture overcoming the opposite side
Like today, I go to Covent Garden and surprisingly discover an elegant bridge, which I had saw in Architectural Record before
It's beautiful !
When strolling in the market, I am immediately attracted by the my favour song, Johann Pachelbel 's Canon & Gigue for 3 Violins & Continuo in D Major, which is played in the public area by a group of performers
Gorgeous! The feeling is brilliant and amazingly comfortable
I just stand along the fence watching for quite a long time
Then I visit Norman Foster's 30 St Mary Axe and Richard Roger's Lloyd's of London
Personally I like Richard's cos I like the fancy material used and the heavy metalic feeling

4 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wai wai Janice!
finally I reached the internet!
How is your 'new' days here? The spagetti you made is so fancy!!

I am slowly settling down here, getting a place in a student accommodation which is located so near to my campus: only one minute. I have fratmates from Taiwan and mainland China. They are sooooo wonderful, and we often share Chinese cuisine (Northern style???) they deliciously made : -)
You must come and join us!

As I have not got a mobile yet, it will take a little bit more time to let you know my nomber here, sorry.
Anyway, please to hear that you are safely getting started the life here. I look forward to seeing your lovely face ;-)

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Janice757 said...

Yumiko
Very happy to hear from you again
I want to post a missing person notice here :
"MISSING LADY YUMIKO
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR MESSAGE HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!!"
Where is your hall location?
Cos I can't find out from the map
Is it located not in central London?
I will sent you my mobile no. to your email, please check it and give me a call
I am extremely looking forward to meeting you

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Pangball said...

ya the notebook is a famous one arcross europe,
u will find many guys using it around you,
price-wise, its not that expensive as i got discount~

anyway, gd luck to your unit selection!, and the john lewis+MandS~~

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wai Janice!!!
i checked your email, and got your no.! Please wait for my call. I am in a internet cafe on Oxford St...

My place (and my Uni, Goldsmiths) is located on New Cross Road, SE14. You can get on the bus: say 453, 171?, to get there. It would take 30-45 min. Also it is near to New Cross Gate, Tube Station.
Which map do you have, by the way?
If yours is London A to Z, see pg104, grid A7. You could find Batavia Rd. There is where I live ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home