28 December, 2006

What a wonderful and peaceful prairie Christmas !









24th Christmas Eve
The Christmas in York is foggy!
When I woke up, I could only see was a large piece of grassland with a lot of sheep
Emma's family was so generous and kind to me
Everyday Emma's mum served us with delicious meals and desserts
Well, I like the chocolate cake and traditional English Chrismas pudding most !
And it was my first time to try Christmas Turkey and a lot of different kind of cheese
haha ! I absolutely gained weight !
But too much coffee and tea with chocolate really made me feel full and 膩, so I couldn't eat much later on

I can say their Christmas is just like our Lunar Chinese new year
Woke up in the morning, dressed up well, friends visiting, chatting in the living room, eating around the table.....
We were so lucky to join the Christmas Carols in York Minster
Oh gorgeous! It was absolutely marvelous, wonderful, lovely, amazing, beautiful !
Thanks God ! This is the best Christmas Eve Gift for me
I love it and I believe only high Gothic Church can produce such kind of amazing quality of choir carols
And in mid-night, we walked in the totally dark and chilly road and reached a small local church called St Judy's Church to have an evening service

25th Merry Christmas
After a walk in the prairie, we watched "The Queen" at 3pm
I was my first time to hear Queen's speech, which mentioned about breaking generation gap
After Christmas pudding, it was time for gifts giving
Emma's parents were so kind that they gave me a sock of Christmas presents!
Oh my God! Thank you so much !
And it was so warm that the whole family played simple games together with their grandpa, which I didn't expect western people do that! Anyway, another good chance for me to learn English as well

26th Boxing Day
Last day, unwilling to leave
I tried so many delicious British food, learned table manner, chatted with different foreigners with different accents, shared their family warm, had freezing country rock climbing with beautiful natural views..... all were too special and memorable for me
Thank you God
Thank you Halls family, I really love this special Christmas !

27th Back to London
After a big hug with Emma, my personal English teacher, I went back to London with my own
It is really good to have such a good friend in Goldsmid, isn't it?
The one chatting, eating, sharing, laughing with me, and the most important thing, she showed me how to enjoy London
I will miss her so much !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home