03 October, 2009

Earthquake in Office

After the 3 days 2 nights family trip to Bai Gai Yuen, returning the office with post-holiday joy, Pearly told me a shock news that a lot of us were laid off. I was so surprised cos the list and the number of redundancies are out of my expectation. 2 out of 6 in my team are cut and 17 out of 70 in large are redundant. The whole atmosphere in Kam Tin office is calm, while I guess the atmosphere in Main Office is dead cos those victims still need to face their boss and work for one more month. There is no best lay off method, but one month compensation should be instead. No one knows who will become the TFP next lay off. Therefore no one is the ultimate survivor in this case. During this tough period, on top of keeping up diligent work attitude, job-market-review preparing for the worst is needed. Praying for all my dear colleagues and wish no further tragedy is going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home